Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Hellish Drive to UCLA


View My Hellish Drive to UCLA in a larger map


Every time I have visited UCLA, or moved in our out from school i have had to drive over 400 miles from Sacramento to Los Angeles. Total i have had to make the 6 or 7 hour drive about 7 times now, and it only gets worse every time. I absolutely hate this drive, so I have decided to make a map depicting the many points of interest along the way, of which there are very few.  Because of this fact I have had to supplement my map with locations of interest that are only of interest to my own personal experiences.
My parents drive, and they are incredibly slow.  This makes this journey even more excruciating.  There is no scenery along the I-5, there are no cities, and there is no civilization.  My map at times is rather sarcastic at times when dealing with the many "sites" we come across.  Humor is all that keeps me going on these trips, as I can almost never fall asleep in the car, and I get carsick rather easily.  This leaves me almost nothing to do for the entire trip, making it one of my least favorite things in the world to do, up there with going to the dentist.  I hope you enjoy my map, as it was meant to entertain, while giving you just a little insight into something I must endure far too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment