Tuesday, November 9, 2010

DEMs

DEM of South Lake Tahoe

     I chose to do the southern most point of Lake Tahoe.  I chose this because it is a diverse landscape allowing for a good display of elevation.  It is also interesting to see that the lake actually is not the lowest point on the map, rather a valley to the east.  The main reason i chose this specific landscape however is because this is Tahoe is one of my favorite places in the world.  I was raised as a skier, and my father was actually in the Sierra ski patrol.  He passed on his love for skiing to my brother and me, so it is really interesting to see a map of a place i have been going to my entire life that I actually created.  The latitudes and longitudes of this map are 39.043⁰N at top,  38.761⁰ N at bottom, -120.394⁰ W at left, -119.815.  The geographic coordinate system used is WGS 1984 (World Geodetic System 1984). This is a geocentric ellipsoid.













No comments:

Post a Comment